Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

FDA fixes another error with its MAUDE database

I feel like a broken record, but I am going to talk about another error in the MAUDE database.

For those playing along at home, the FDA tracks medical device malfunctions and adverse events using a database known as MAUDE. They are nice enough to make the entire database available for download. You can download the data files here. Last week, I noticed that one of the data files was missing reports from January 2018.


  • I emailed them informing them of the error.
  • They emailed me back explaining that everything was fine.
  • I emailed them back, explaining that it wasn't.
  • They emailed me back (see pic below) and fixed the issue.


I don't know how/why these errors keep cropping up, but it's the 3rd error I've found in MAUDE over the past year.


No comments:

Post a Comment