For those playing along at home, the FDA tracks medical device malfunctions and adverse events using a database known as MAUDE. They are nice enough to make the entire database available for download. You can download the data files here. Last week, I noticed that one of the data files was missing reports from January 2018.
- I emailed them informing them of the error.
- They emailed me back explaining that everything was fine.
- I emailed them back, explaining that it wasn't.
- They emailed me back (see pic below) and fixed the issue.
I don't know how/why these errors keep cropping up, but it's the 3rd error I've found in MAUDE over the past year.